Samuel H. Kelman DO, FAAPMR
Dr. Kelman, director and president of South Shore Medical and Rehabilitation, is a Board Certified Specialist in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation. His expertise is in musculoskeletal and neuro diagnostic medicine. Medical conditions included back and neck injuries, arthritis, pinched nerves, carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, tendonitis, amputees, diabetic neuropathies, total hip replacement, total knee replacement, shoulder, elbow, and wrist injuries.
- Graduate Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, High distinction and elected into Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society.
- Graduate from the highly acclaimed College of Osteopathic Medicine at Michigan State University.
- Graduate from Saint Vincent’s Hospital Program in Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Board Certified in PMR- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Board Certified in PMR – American Osteopathic Board of Rehabilitation Medicine.
Professional Society Membership:
- The American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- The American Osteopathic College of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- The American Osteopathic Association.
- The New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Medical Society of the State of New York.
- Kings County Medical Society.
- Nassau County Medical Society.
The Facility and Our Primary Goal:
South Shore Medical and Rehabilitation was founded in 1998 as a multi specialty practice treating injured patients and disabled persons. The practice goal is to attain for our patients the fullest physical, vocational, and social potential consistent with his and her physiological and anatomical limitations.
Areas of expertise:
- Sports Medicine.
- Pain Medicine.
- Industrial Medicine
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- EMG & NCV
- Non Operative Treatment of Spine Medicine
- Low back pain
- Pinched nerves
- Strains & Sprains
- Whiplash neck and back injuries
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Carpal and Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Fibro myalgia
- Trigger finger
- Physical therapy
- Therapeutic exercise
- Home therapy program
- Massage therapy